Livestock death is painful for farmers and takes you back and that is why Majani Insurance Brokers came up with a solution specially tailored to cushion farmers when they accidentally lose their cattle in circumstances beyond their control thus enables them to recover from unbearable loss of the livestock.
All breeds of dairy and beef cattle, pigs, poultry, goats and sheep.
What is Covered
Loss of insured animals (all breeds dairy and beef) due to:
- Accidental death due to lightening, internal and external injury, calving and pregnancy. Fire, windstorm, Snake bites, flooding.
- Diseases of terminal nature certified by a veterinary officer.
- Emergency slaughter on a veterinary officer advice.
- Theft of stock in premises housing the insured livestock or in paddocks.
- In transit risk from point of sale to new farm and to animal shows and exhibition.
- Animal shows and exhibitions.
Documents required to issue Cover
- Duly completed proposal form and a valuation report of the livestock from a professional veterinary doctor.
- KRA Pin
- National ID
Procedures when processing a claim
- Report to a Majani Insurance officer before 24 hours
- Appointed Veterinary officer is sent to the farm.
- Post Mortem is done.
- Report is sent and reviewed.
- A DV is issued to the client and he/she signs it.
- Payment is made and claim is closed.